”I’m the Director of Education at No More Marking. We provide online comparative judgement software for schools. Before joining No More Marking, I was Head of Assessment at Ark Schools, a group of academy schools in the UK. Before that, I was a secondary English teacher. You can read more about me in Schools Week here, in this article in the Sunday Times, and this profile by Peter Wilby in the Guardian. You can contact me via Twitter @daisychristo.
I’ve written two books about education.
- Making Good Progress? The future of Assessment for Learning (Oxford University Press, 2017) For more information, including a summary of each chapter, see here.
- Seven Myths about Education (Routledge, 2014). For more information, including a summary of each chapter, see here.
You can find various debates and speeches I’ve done on Youtube.
- March 2017, Global Schools and Education Forum ‘This house believes 21st century learners need their heads filled with pure facts’ (Arguing for)
- June 2016, Wellington Festival of Education, ‘Why did Assessment for Learning Fail?‘
- November 2015, ‘Sir Ken is right: Traditional education kills creativity’ (Arguing against)
In 2007 I was the captain of Warwick’s winning University Challenge team. You can see a video of the final here.
Daisy Christodoulou, March 2018″